EarlyON programs are closed until further notice due to COVID-19 pandemic
In accordance with physical distancing and health and safety guidelines during this unprecedented time, and to help slow the spread of the virus and ensure the safety of our clients, participants and staff, we will not be operating our Acton or Georgetown EarlyON Chlid and Family Centres.
CLICK BELOW FOR OUR SCHEDULES
for children 0 to 6 years of age.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres are places where parents and caregivers can:
- Take part with their children in a range of programs and activities
- Get answers to questions
- Get information about programs and services that are available for young children
- Talk to early years professionals, as well as other parents and caregivers in the community
EarlyON Child and Family Centres locations
Acton EarlyON Centre
85 Wallace Street, Acton, ON L7J 2G1
Georgetown EarlyON Centre
8 James Street, Georgetown, ON L7G 2H3
Child with their Parent/Caregiver Programs
Check out these interactive programs that you participate in with your child. Parents and/or caregivers are welcome. These programs include:
- Adult and Child Together – 0-6 years – Children learn through play! Parents & Caregivers are invited to come out to this drop-in program and engage with other children and families in play and explore in an environment that spark’s children’s curiosity and follows their interests.
- Family and Child Together – 0-6 years – Children learn through play! Families are invited to come out to this drop in program and engage with other children and families in play and explore in an environment that spark’s children’s curiosity and follows their interests.
- Kids and Me – 0-6 years – Come join this early learning program at the Bethel Church (365 Queen Street) and meet other children & parents, make crafts, play with toys, learn songs & stories and have a healthy snack.
- Let’s Learn Together – This drop in school readiness program is for children entering JK/SK in September 2019. Children & parents will have the opportunity to engage together & practice school routines, develop & enhance their problem solving skills & learn through songs & early learning activities.
- Little Goslings – 9-24 months – Join this program for active songs and rhymes with instruments, props, music & movement. Children and their caring adult will enjoy parachute, bubbles and other interactive activities.
- Mother Goose – 0-not yet fully mobile – This drop in program is based on song, music, rhymes and interactions between baby and parent. The aim is to have fun, soothe, nurture and promote trust in a relaxing, stress-free manner for both baby & parent.
- Outdoor Classroom – 0-6 years – A wonderful addition to all the Drop Ins is the Outdoor Classroom in the courtyard. Great opportunities for gross motor development await children outside. We encourage our families to use the Outdoor Classroom as an opportunity for children to enrich their learning experience. *Open all year round during all drop ins.
- Playtime in the Park (July and August) – EarlyON staff will be at local parks throughout the summer to promote Physical Literacy to families in their community and to raise awareness of the programs and services offered at the EarlyON Centres in North Halton.
- Time 4 Tots – 0-36 months – This drop-in program provides an opportunity for young children to explore, play and learn together by being competent, capable of complex thinking and curious.
- Wee One Wednesdays – 0-36 months – This drop in program provides an opportunity for young children to explore, play and learn together by being competent, capable of complex thinking and curious.
Please join in our group discussions for parents and caregivers. It is an opportunity to meet, talk and build on knowledge and skills. The schedule includes:
- Baby and Me – 0-not yet fully mobile – Come, sit with your little one and other new parents and talk among yourselves to discuss concerns, ideas, recipes or anything else. Resources, coffee and tea available in this comfortable learning environment.
- Breastfeeding Meetup – 0-36 months – Have breastfeeding questions? Meet other breastfeeding moms who have those same questions. Drop in during 10:00am-11:30am to discuss those questions while getting support from a RN, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant.
- Dads Connect – 0-6 years -This registered program gives dads an opportunity to connect with their children. Plan to join us, hang out with other Dad’s and have a great time with children in a safe and interactive environment. Grandpas & uncles welcomed. *registration is required, dinner included
- Caregivers Connect – 0-6 years – As a home childcare provider, you may be asking yourself…How can I make a difference for children? For Families? How can I continue to grow and feel inspired about my work? What resources are able to support my work? This program is for those caregivers and their children to explore the centre and collaborate with other home childcare providers. Lunch is provided.*registration is required
- CHAT with ROCK – 0-6 years – Do you have questions about your child’s behaviour, social or emotional development? Would you like to connect with ROCK for a behaviour consultation or therapy services? Please join us during drop in playtime and “Chat” with a ROCK Consultant. (ROCK=Reach Out Centre for Kids)
- Networking Together – 0-6 years – In this registered program, adults will enjoy weekly workshops and discussions focusing on parenting, family, health and development while their child(ren) participate with play-based activities separate from their caring adult. *registration is required, limited early learning & development available
- Resource Connection for Early Learning – Calling all parents, caregivers, and educators for children from birth to 6 years, come join us for an evening of food, fun, collaboration and learning. Come share your ideas and thoughts in an open forum on topics such as: How Does Learning Happen?, behavioural concerns, loose parts and other areas that are of interest to you. Our RECE’s are here to support, provide guidance, and resources on a variety of topics. Looking forward to sharing this educational journey with everyone to enhance knowledge and love for being with children in their early years.
- Triple P Positive Parenting – suitable for children 1-6 years – Have you ever questioned if you were doing the right thing as a parent? Have you wondered how to best manage your child’s behaviour? Have you struggled with getting your child to listen? Triple-P promotes good communication and strong relationships between parents and children. Triple-P helps every parent: Create a stable, supportive, harmonious family environment. Deal, positively and consistently with problem behaviour. * registration is required, limited early learning & development available
A variety of books, videos, tapes, articles, parent/child kits and other supportive resources are available in the Georgetown and Acton Centres during program hours. Connect with EarlyON staff to assist in finding information on child development, parenting, family life, community resources and much more.