COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER
Summary of Position
Community Support Workers (CSW) will provide laundry, simple meal preparation, grocery shopping, accompaniment to appointments, caregiver relief and light house updates for seniors and persons with disabilities in their homes, maintaining and enhancing their comfort, safety and physical well-being.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform general support and homemaking tasks according to the care plan which may include: light dusting, bed making, vacuuming, light touch up of the bathroom, grocery shopping, caregiver relief (companionship, client safety, recreational tasks, medication reminders), Laundry, simple meal preparation and tidy up afterwards, light garbage removal up to 15lbs, accompany client to appointments
- Effectively communicates with clients to understand the client’s preferences.
- Reports any concerns regarding the health or safety of clients to their Program Leader.
- Maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance with Links2Care’s confidentiality and privacy policies, PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation
- Follows guidelines and procedures for dealing with incidents
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment in accordance with Links2Care’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- May attend in-service learning, training and development opportunities as required.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- First Aid certification considered an asset.
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Hours of work is to work within a flexible framework.
Job Type: Part-time
Service Area: Mississauga (South Central), Etobicoke, Oakville & Burlington
Hours: 20 hours per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.27 per hour and paid mileage
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, social and recreational programs.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at links2care.ca
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]