Director, In-Home Services (Performance) – Oakville
Links2Care is a non-profit, multi-site, community service organization providing a better quality of life through care, support and connection for seniors and adults with disabilities, children and families, and people of all ages in need in Halton, Mississauga, and South Etobicoke.
We are proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23), as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
We have a culture of caring because it is what we do! We empower people – our employees, our clients, and our stakeholders – by supporting them to live their best possible life.
For more information about our wide variety of programs and services, please peruse our website.
The Director, In-Home Services, reporting to the CEO, is a passionate leader who leads our people in continuous improvement initiatives in the area of optimization of client service delivery, systems and processes with a goal of ensuring exceptional people and client experience while driving organizational effectiveness and change. This role will be accountable for coaching and leading a team focused on exceptional service delivery while building and maintaining relationships with health system partners and stakeholders. The Director will lead the vision for In-Home Services with a focus on industry best practices and operational efficiency while leading a collaborative environment and fostering a great place to work and a culture of care. As a Senior Leader, the Director will display excellence in communication, collaboration, judgement, decision making, coaching, and community engagement.
Job Type: Full Time Position
Remuneration: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year dependent on experience
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing Date: November 28, 2023
Role and Responsibilities
- Leads and coaches a team of Program Leaders for In-Home Services, Community Support Living, Schedulers and Administrative Support Staff while ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) deliverables and communicate expectations aligned with quality of work and excellence in client service delivery.
- Implements people strategies, including performance management, talent acquisition & retention initiatives, positive employee relations, coaching and mentoring, training and development, records management, health and safety, privacy, and other legislative compliance requirements.
- Leads In-Home Services team to ensure Links2Care is a provider of choice as it relates to our programs and services aligned to funder policies and guidelines, ensuring legislative compliance.
- Accountable for employee, financial, operational, quality and contractual KPI’s against standards and ensure targets are met.
- Strong Leadership to inspire, manage and motivate the team to effectively implement new initiatives, continuously improve and performance.
- Data-driven decision-making and leadership, accountable for program data inclusive of targets, KPI’s and client experience. Utilize and analyze trends and recommend/implement actions to positively improve client experience, employee experience, and business outcomes.
- Be an active and valued member of the Senior Leadership Team and participate in strategic planning and implementation, annual objective setting and other organizational initiatives.
- Develops and fosters positive and strong relationships with funders and other agencies for existing and new programming opportunities.
- Provides strategic advice and partnership to the CEO.
- Participates in the organization’s accreditation process, representing programs and services they oversee.
- Builds and leverages community relationships within program area to enhance the reputation and public understanding of Links2Care and its aims and objectives.
- Identifies and develops new program opportunities and growth opportunities.
- Accountable for the deployment of strategy, vision, mission and values and KPI measurements.
- Builds, creates and leads the implementation of program continuous improvement plans.
- Continuous assessment of quality, risk and improvement opportunities using best in class sector benchmarks.
- Leads programs, policies, and procedures, and ensures successful improvement, implementation, and adaptation.
- Client / Patient Experience and Advocate.
- Manages ongoing client survey process, assesses results, recommends and implements improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Education, (Degree or Diploma) in areas such as: Geriatrics, Social Work or related study area.
- A minimum 7 to 10 years relevant management experience.
- Strong continuous improvement with the ability to motivate and drive change.
- Optimistic and passionate leadership style.
- Strong client and employee focused approach to management.
- Must have a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of, operations, service delivery, client and employee experience, financial management and control, program development, implementation and evaluation, and human resources practices.
- Knowledge of Home Care coordination models used in community health care organizations and a good knowledge of community resources.
- Effective communication skills to maintain a range of contacts with health professionals within the community and strong collaboration skills to participate on projects and across the organization.
- Strong leadership & coaching skills to provide instructions and guidance to staff with respect to activities, challenges and questions and ability to manage timelines and KPI deliverables.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of programs.
- Flexibility to work at different locations in the Oakville, Mississauga, Halton Hills, Milton and Burlington areas.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)., and Alayacare experience an asset.
- Completion of a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to and throughout employment is required.