Educator’s Assistant – EarlyON and School-Age Programs, Georgetown and Acton
Links2Care is a non-profit, community service organization providing a better quality of life through care, support and connection for seniors and adults with disabilities, children and families, and people of all ages in need in Halton, Mississauga, and South Etobicoke.
We are proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23), as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
We have a culture of caring because it is what we do! We empower people – our employees, our clients, and our stakeholders – by supporting them to live their best possible life.
For more information about our wide variety of programs and services, please peruse our website.
Working out of Georgetown and Acton, the Educational Assistant (EA) reports to the School-Age and/or EarlyON Child & Family Centres Program Leader and has accountability for the program delivery of the Links2Care School-Age Program and EarlyON Child & Family Centres.
This is a casual part-time position working with children aged 4-10 for approximately 2 – 3 hours before school starts with flexibility to work afternoons as needed and working in the EarlyON Family Centres during the day.
The Educational Assistant works in consultation with the Registered Early Childhood Educator to assist with the program delivery of the Links2Care School-Age program and or EarlyON CFC program. The Educational Assistant is responsible for supporting a fun and age-appropriate program for children in a group setting in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, Municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care Children’s programs.
Job Type: Casual Part-time Position
Service Area: Georgetown and Acton
Hours: 2-3 hours (approx.) before school starts with flexibility to work after school and in the EarlyON Family Centres during the day as needed
Closing Date: On-Going
Role and Responsibilities
- Implements the service delivery of the Links2Kids School-Age program in accordance with the DNA, Municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care School-Age program.
- Accurately collects and maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance with the Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, the Child Care and Early Years Act and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
- Accurately completes program documentation including reports, attendance records, schedules, health and safety and other program administration as required in collaboration with the RECE.
- Maintains a safe and healthy program and working environment.
- Provides information and resources of programs and support services available to clients in the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support Links2Care School-Age/EarlyON CFC programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Secondary school diploma. Post-secondary education in childcare related field.
- Experience working with children and families in a group setting.
- Able to show empathy and patience when interacting with clients.
- Mature personality with ability to observe/maintain appropriate standards of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated skills related to organizing and time management.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to employment and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.