Human Resources Generalist – Oakville (Hybrid)
Links2Care is a non-profit, community service organization providing a better quality of life through care, support and connection for seniors and adults with disabilities, children and families, and people of all ages in need in Halton, Mississauga, and South Etobicoke.
We are proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23), as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
We have a culture of caring because it is what we do! We empower people – our employees, our clients, and our stakeholders – by supporting them to live their best possible life.
For more information about our wide variety of programs and services, please peruse our website.
The HR Generalist will have an important role in HR administration and will be responsible for full life cycle recruitment at Links2Care. Reporting to the Director, People and Culture, this role will also support the implementation of people strategies that drive organizational results and make Links2Care a great place to work.
Job Type: Full Time Position
Location: Oakville, ON (Hybrid)
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing Date: August 28, 2023
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and participate in the full cycle of the recruitment and selection process including identifying selection criteria; developing questions and tests; screening applications; interviewing candidates; verifying references, etc.
- Prepare job descriptions and internal / external job postings in collaboration with management.
- Prepare job offers, coordinate and deliver orientation sessions and support on-boarding initiatives.
- Maintain interview guides, selection tools, including behavioral and situational interview questions for assigned roles.
- Update and maintain recruitment and selection policies and procedures to meet the requirements and comply with employment legislation.
- Proactively source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, networking, and online tools, using a variety of sources to ensure candidate pipeline is adequate.
- Participate in local and job marketing outreach activities, liaise with universities, colleges and other community organizations to promote employment opportunities, as well as, participate in career and job fairs.
- Conduct exit interviews and provide general HR support to Links2Care Canada employees including policy/process clarification.
- HR administration including the accurate maintenance of employee files, administers LMS, training & development tracking, performance management administration and other HR related administrative needs as required.
- Maintain and respond to incident reports, WSIB, employee leaves and completes forms as required.
- Track HR metrics for monthly reporting.
- Track, administer and participate in Health and Safety procedural administration such as Joint Health and Safety Committee (“JHSC”) meetings, documents, inspections, drills to ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Participate and support Human Resources initiatives as required.
- Degree in business administration, human resources or related discipline from a recognized university.
- CHRL or CHRP designation an asset.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in human resources experience with responsibility for the complete recruitment lifecycle and HR administration.
- Knowledge of human resource practices, theories, trends, and legislation.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrates commitment Links2Care vision, mission and values.