Home Support Worker (HSW) – Mississauga, South Etobicoke, Oakville or Burlington
Links2Care is a non-profit, community service organization providing a better quality of life through care, support and connection for seniors and adults with disabilities, children and families, and people of all ages in need in Halton, Mississauga, and South Etobicoke.
We are proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23), as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
We have a culture of caring because it is what we do! We empower people – our employees, our clients, and our stakeholders – by supporting them to live their best possible life.
For more information about our wide variety of programs and services, please peruse our website.
- Competitive wages
- Paid mileage and travel time
- Flexible schedules
- Training opportunities
- Paid orientation, training, and development
- Employee Assistance Program provided for all employees
- PPE and work supplies provided
- 1:1 support from our IT Department for technical issues
- Independence of working in the community
Home Support Workers (HSW) provide mainly light housekeeping and laundry services for seniors and persons with disabilities in their homes, maintaining their independence, comfort, safety and ability to stay in their homes. Home Support Workers build meaningful relationships with clients and their families and make a real difference in their lives.
Job Type: Part-time
Service Area: Mississauga (South Central), South Etobicoke, Oakville or Burlington
Hours: 20 hours per week (approx.)
Salary: $19.27 per hour plus paid mileage/travel, orientation, and training and development
Closing Date: On-going
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform light housekeeping tasks according to the care plan which may include: light dusting, bed making, vacuuming, cleaning of the bathroom, grocery shopping, laundry, sweeping and mopping of high traffic areas.
- Simple meal preparation, light garbage removal up to 15lbs and accompany client to appointments
- Caregiver relief (companionship, client safety, socialization and recreational tasks)
- Effectively communicates with clients to understand the client’s preferences.
- Reports any concerns regarding the health or safety of clients to their Program Leader.
- Maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance with Links2Care’s confidentiality and privacy policies, PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation
- Follows guidelines and procedures for dealing with incidents
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment in accordance with Links2Care’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Required to attend in-service learning, training and development opportunities as required.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- First Aid certification considered an asset.
- Must drive and have access to a reliable vehicle. (Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Available to work Monday to Friday, day-time shifts