Links2Care is a non-profit, charitable, community service organization delivering a wide variety of programs and services to enhance the lives of Halton Region and Mississauga seniors, adults, youth and children.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please peruse our website.
Position: Educator’s Assistant (EA)
Compensation: According to Links2Care’s wage grid
Type: Part-time, working up to 25 hours/week, approximately two hours before school and three hours after school.
Location: Georgetown, ON
The Educator’s Assistant (EA) reports to the School-Age Program Supervisor and works in consultation with the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) to assist with the School-Age program delivery to children 4-10 years of age. The EA is responsible for supporting a fun and age appropriate school-age program for children in a group school setting (classroom or gymnasium) in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Children’s programs. As an employee of Links2Care, the EA will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the Agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Applies teaching techniques as modeled by the RECE Teacher.
- Follows and adheres to licensing requirements of the program.
- Assists in supervising children in activities.
- Helps with room set-up and clean-up.
- Observes children and provides input into their progress and behavior.
- Helps collect, maintain and record program documentation in accordance with Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, the Child Care and Early Years Act and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
- Communicates daily in a positive manner with children, parents, teachers, colleagues, volunteers, Supervisor and Program Director.
- Provides information and resources on programs and support services available to clients throughout the Halton Region.
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe, clean and tidy environment, following the childcare health and safety standards and procedures and complies at all times with the “Duties of Workers” as per Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participates in the broader Links2Care team by attending and actively participating in team/staff meetings and training and development sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the agency and children’s program as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Secondary school diploma. Post-secondary education in a childcare related field preferred.
- Experience working with children and families in a group setting.
- Valid Standard Level “C” CPR/First Aid Certification and Safe Food Handling an asset.
- Required immunizations an asset.
- An understanding of the needs of children, parents/guardians.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Genuine interest in providing professional customer service and compassionate care to clients served.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team, interacting in a positive way with staff, clients, stakeholders and the general public.
- Completion of a satisfactory C.A.S. check, criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required prior to employment.
- Ability to work varied shifts. Scheduled hours are based on availability and program needs. A commitment to working scheduled hours during the school year is expected.
- Physically fit with the ability to occasionally lift and move items up to 50 lbs.
- Employees who travel for work related purposes must have reliable transportation, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 112.
We thank applicants for their interests, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.