Educator’s Assistant (EA)
The Educator’s Assistant works in consultation with the Registered Early Childhood Educator to assist with the program delivery of the LinksCare School-Age program. The Educator’s Assistant is responsible for supporting a fun and age-appropriate school-age program for children in a group setting in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, Municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care Children’s programs. As an employee of Links2Care, the Educator’s Assistant will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the Agency. You will be working in a collaborative and respectful environment and be eligible for development and training support.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent agency documentation/information.
- Implements the service delivery of the Links2Care School-Age program in accordance to the Child Care and Early Years Act, Municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care School-Age program.
- Accurately collects and maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance to the Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, the Child Care and Early Years Act and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
- Accurately completes program documentation including reports, attendance records, schedules, health and safety and other program administration as required.
- Maintains a safe and healthy program and working environment. and reports to the RECE and/or Supervisor as appropriate about any concerns.
- Provides information and resources of programs and support services available to families as appropriate throughout the Halton Region.
- Provides basic First Aid as needed.
- Participates in the broader Links2Care team by attending and actively participating in team/staff meetings and training and development sessions.
- Participates in Quality First Consultations to improve program quality.
- Actively promotes Links2Care programs and services by participating in community events and outreach, fundraising and marketing activities as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support Links2Care School-Age programs.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Maintain records as per agency standards.
- Report in writing: all accidents, injuries, and occurrences.
- Provide reports as required or requested.
- Maintain positive relationships with networks, professional organizations, and other related service providers.
- Represent the mission, values, and philosophy of the agency in the community, including networks or meetings as requested.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of students, new staff, and/or volunteers.
- Set annual performance and professional development goals.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Supervisor, School-Age Program.
- Attend relevant conferences, workshops, and other in-service events as approved.
- Awareness of agency’s Financial and Human Resource policies/procedures.
- Account for any program-related funds for which responsibility is granted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in childcare related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with children and families in a group setting.
- Ability to work varied shifts. Scheduled hours are based on availability and program needs.
- A commitment to working scheduled hours during the school year is expected
- An understanding of the needs of children, parents/guardians.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Genuine interest in providing professional customer service and compassionate care to clients served.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team, interacting in a positive way with staff, families, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Completion of a satisfactory C.A.S. check, criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required prior to employment.
- Valid Standard Level “C” CPR/First Aid Certification. Safe Food Handling an asset.
- Must have up to date immunization and record of immunization as required by the
- Ministry of Education and Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Physically fit with the ability to stand for long periods and occasionally lift and move items up to 50lbs.
- Employees who travel for work related purposes must have reliable transportation, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage.
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Job Status: Part-time
Hourly Rate: $ 19.51 per hour
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]