Financial Analyst (1 Year Contract)
Links2Care – Oakville, ON
Links2Care is looking to fill the full-time, one year contract position of Financial Analyst. This position is based out of our Oakville location.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring their day-to-day job duties, including analysis, internal controls, financial and statistical reporting, budgets, forecasting and payroll review and submission are completed without error, in a timely and efficient manner. Working closely with members of the Finance department and the Leadership Team the Financial Analyst also provides guidance, investigates, and resolve issues regarding financial activities, while will actively demonstrating, promoting, and supporting the Values, Mission and Vision of Links2Care.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to creation of accounting policies and procedures, including process and system changes and improvements
- Ensures interface between financial systems (e.g., MS Dynamics GP, CIMS, Quadrant HRIS, AlayaCare) are functioning well
- Comply with reporting deadlines and requirements as outlined in funding agreements
- Maintains and adheres to reporting and finance department deadline schedule
- Plans and works with the Finance team to improve and streamline financial systems
- Ensure all journal entries are entered accurately and all tasks related to month end, quarterly and yearly reporting are completed according to planning and deadlines
- Responsible for accurate accruals, balance sheet accounts reconciliations and analysis
- Manages detailed schedules for fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Assists with various audits including the annual financial audit
- Assists with the Payroll and Benefits processes for the Leadership Team, as well as payroll review and submission for the organization, including statutory deductions, WSIB, EHT, T4s and year end reconciliations
- Ensures compliance with accepted accounting principles for not-for-profit enterprises
- Completes financial analysis including non-financial statistics and special purpose analysis for problem investigation and other inquiries
- Completes analysis to support the annual budget as well as budgeting for specific programs, forecasting
- Prepares monthly internal Management Reports and quarterly Board Reports
- Creates and completes periodic reports (MIS-TB, SRI, ARR, etc.,) and any ad-hoc reports requested by the Leadership and Sr. Leadership Team
- Collects, reconciles, and compiles monthly and quarterly statistical data to align with financial reporting by program, providing analysis for internal and external reporting (compliant with OHRS, the Ministry of Health and Halton Region guidelines)
- Submits applications for HST rebate semi-annually and yearly for Property Tax Rebates
- Assists with the annual Registered Charity Information Return
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit, Health Care Sector
- Diploma or degree in a post-secondary accounting / business administration or similar experience
- Excel Expert
- 10+ years of related experience in finance and accounting, strong analysis, and forecasting skills
- Working knowledge and fully proficient in MS Dynamics Great Plains, HRIS, Frx
- Knowledge of Alayacare is an asset
- Fully proficient in MS Office suite
- Knowledge of related government sector legislation and regulations and industry best practices an asset
- Knowledge of employment legislation including Employment Standards Act, Accessibility, and Occupational Health & Safety, Information Management Security, and Privacy legislation, an asset
- Must complete a Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as required
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Application Deadline: January 5, 2022