Manager, Finance (1 Year Contract)
Links2Care – Oakville, ON
Links2Care is looking to fill the full-time, one year contract position of Manager, Finance. This position is based out of our Oakville location.
The Manager, Finance is responsible for supervising the Finance team, while ensuring the day-to-day operations of the Finance department are completed without error, in a timely and efficient manner. The Manager, Finance works closely with all other members of the Leadership Team to provide guidance, investigate, and resolve issues regarding financial activities of the organization related to accounting, internal controls, financial reporting and analysis, budgets and forecasting, payroll, and group benefits. The Manager, Finance will actively demonstrate, promote, and support the Values, Mission and Vision of Links2Care.
Role and Responsibilities
· Oversee day to day operations of the Finance Department
· Manage the Finance team, including providing orientation, training, direction, and support; and evaluating employee performance
· Establish accounting policies and procedures, including process and system changes and improvements
· Maintain interfaces and data integrity of all financial systems (e.g., MS Dynamics GP, CIMS, Quadrant HRIS, AlayaCare)
· Comply with reporting deadlines and requirements as outlined in funding agreements
· Improve and streamline financial systems
· Ensure all journal entries are entered accurately and all tasks related to month end, quarterly and yearly reporting are completed according to
planning and deadlines
· Responsible for accurate accruals and accounts reconciliations including variance analysis for all balance sheet accounts
· Assist with various audits including the annual financial audit
· Ensure compliance with accepted accounting principles for not-for-profit enterprises
· Complete detailed financial reporting and analysis
· Oversee the entire payroll and benefits administration process, including statutory deductions, WSIB, EHT, T4s and year end reconciliations
· Process payroll for the Leadership Team and review and submit payroll for the organization
· Experience working in the Not-for-Profit Health Care Sector is required
· Diploma or degree in a post-secondary accounting / business administration or similar experience
· 10+ years of related experience in finance and accounting is required with minimum 5 years supervising, training, coaching, and developing a team
· Completion of a professional accounting designation is an asset
· Working knowledge and fully proficient in MS Dynamics Great Plains, HRIS, Frx
· Knowledge of Alayacare is an asset
· Fully proficient in MS Office suite, expert in Excel, including macros, pivot tables and formulas
· Knowledge of related government sector legislation and regulations and industry best practices an asset
· Knowledge of employment legislation including: Employment Standards Act, Accessibility, and Occupational Health & Safety, Information
Management Security, and Privacy legislation, an asset
· Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as requested by
Links2Care is required.
· Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle.
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation and promotion.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca
Application Deadline: July 30, 2021