Links2Care – Oakville, ON
Links2Care is looking for an Accountant based out of our Oakville location, this is a one year contract position.
The Accountant is responsible for full-cycle accounting process (AP and AR), producing cheques and payments, preparing and making deposits, bank reconciliation, accounts reconciliation and analysis as well as providing financial and administrative support to Links2Care stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Processes invoices, cheques, and other documents with zero errors and on time so that employees and vendors are paid within terms.
- Ensures all invoices, expense reports, etc., are appropriately authorized. Reviews documents for inconsistencies and connect with the appropriate staff to correct discrepancies and errors.
- Prepares monthly org wide credit card payments in GP, ensuring timely payment.
- Reconciles payables sub-ledger to control account and maintains an account analysis of all accrual accounts.
- Receives and updates Direct Clients in CIMS & Alayacare.
- Verifies monthly Direct Deposits and Pre-paid Deposits with CIMS & Alayacare.
- Enter collection i.e., DDs, cheque & cash, received from clients in CIMS & Alayacare.
- Organizes and prepares cash and cheques for deposit through the machine or in person at the bank.
- Create AR invoices (other than clients) and perform monthly analysis of aging accounts receivables.
- Manage detailed schedules for fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Assist and support with bank reconciliations and balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Assists with the annual Registered Charities Information Return.
- Prepares and enters required journal entries, assists with month end, quarterly reporting and audit.
- Completes credit applications to open accounts with vendors and in charge of ordering office supplies.
- Diploma or degree in business or accounting program.
- Minimum seven years bookkeeping and accounting experience including at least five years office experience preferably in Not-for-Profit Health Care Sector.
- Proficient in MS Dynamics Great Plains is mandatory. Knowledge of Alayacare, Frx from CCIM, CIMS, QHRnet an asset.
- Strong experience in MS Office, proficient at a high level of Excel.
- Detail oriented and accuracy with numbers. Requires a working knowledge of general accounting, bookkeeping and cost accounting principles GAAP, knowledge of Charitable Sector and NFP an asset.
- Extremely organized and able to meet deadlines and carry out work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
There is a requirement to work out of the Oakville office 1-2 days a week during COVID-19.
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 113.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-02-16