Accounting and Payroll Assistant – Oakville Site
Links2Care is looking to fill the full-time, 6-month contract position of Accounting and Payroll Assistant. This position is based out of our Oakville location and reports to the Director, Finance.
The Accounting and Payroll Assistant is responsible to help the Finance team with accounting and payroll tasks as well as financial and administrative support, as required, while actively demonstrating, promoting, and supporting the Values, Mission and Vision of Links2Care.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures all invoices, expense reports, etc., are appropriately authorized. Reviews documents for inconsistencies and connect with the appropriate staff to correct discrepancies and errors.
- Processes invoices, expense reports, petty cash requests, and cheque requisitions in MS Dynamics Great Plains, producing cheques, V-cheques, EFT coordinating for signatures and distribution (mailing) within timelines following set deadlines and schedules.
- Reconciles payables sub-ledger to control account and maintains a monthly account analysis of payables (regular vendors) and receivables accounts (i.e., rents, sub-leases).
- Prepares monthly organization wide credit card payments, ensuring appropriate back up documentation is attached and approved.
- Organizes and prepares cash and cheques (receivables) for deposit through the machine or in person at the bank and processing accordingly in GP for bank reconciliation
- Creates AR invoices (other than clients) and perform monthly analysis of aging accounts receivables
- Prepares PADs for Seniors and children through BMO and balance monthly in AlayaCare
- Enters and prepares charitable tax receipts for donations and reconciles to deposits, issuing thank you letter and ensuring their signing and mail out
- Maintains organized files in electronic and hard copy format as appropriate, uploading all invoices and proof of payment after they are processed, on an on-going basis
- Completes credit applications to open accounts with vendors, set up EFT and Direct Withdrawals for applicable vendors as needed.
- Assists and supports with payroll processing; prints and mails pay statements, sets up new employees and other personnel changes in Quadrant, scanning and filing documents, and assists with the administration of the benefits plan HCSA.
- In charge of ordering agency wide supplies and timely flow of interoffice mail between all locations of the organization, picks up and distributes mail accordingly
- Updates vendors and changes as needed, being the primary contact for inquiries issues troubleshooting and communications
- Maintains the Postal Machine with monies for both Sites (Oakville and GT)
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit, Health Care Sector is an asset
- Minimum 5 years Accounting Experience preferably in the charitable sector
- Diploma or degree in a post-secondary accounting / business administration or similar experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP and HRIS is an asset
- Fully proficient in MS Office suite and excel is required
- Knowledge of related government sector legislation, regulations, and industry best practices an asset
- Knowledge of employment legislation including Employment Standards Act,
- Accessibility, and Occupational Health & Safety, Information Management Security, and Privacy legislation, an asset
- Must complete a Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as required
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, social and recreational programs.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Job Type: Full-time, 6 Month Opportunity
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]