Enhanced Home Support Worker
Closing Date: July 17, 2022
2 Full-time Positions (Working Hours between 9am-5pm)
Links2Care is looking to fill two full-time Enhanced Home Support Worker positions. This position engages primarily with individuals, including adults with disabilities that live in the Halton, Milton, Oakville and Burlington area that have experienced housing and income insecurity, poverty, mental health challenges, abuse and drug addictions and other social determinants of health. The Enhanced Home Support Worker will have knowledge and skills for crisis intervention, developing rapport with clients and provide life skills and home making support to foster independence.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide life skills and home making support to clients. Works in collaboration with a Community Navigator.
- Engage and facilitate with client basic meal preparation, light housekeeping duties such as washing dishes, taking out the garbage, doing patient’s laundry.
- Sweeping and vacuuming within the patient’s immediate living area may be required.
- In collaboration with the clients, organize the home, support household tasks, establish routines, assist with appointments and correspondence and support health care routines.
- Maintain awareness of patient’s abilities, current diagnosis made by medical professionals, diet, personal interests and special needs.
- Participates and collaborates with a multidisciplinary care team (including
- Community Navigation team, client and caregivers) in supporting the client’s needs according to their care plan.
- Acts as an effective and professional liaison between the client, caregiver and Links2Care office including recommending referral to other Links2Care services as appropriate.
- Actively listens, providing non-judgmental support to clients for self-directed decision making.
- Requires travel between clients
- Supportive Care Worker or Community Service Worker Certificate or Health Care Aide Certificate or completion of a PSW program or equivalent related years of experience
- Current CPR, First Aid Certificate and/ or Mental Health Certificate an asset
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to interact with others in a caring, tactful and courteous manner
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector
- Screen prior to employment and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- Valid driver’s license as well as a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle.
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, social and recreational programs.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]