Manager, Community Services (Georgetown Office)
The Manager, Community Services oversees all aspects of the role of the Program Leaders along with the daily operations of Links2Care programs ensuring quality performance and compliance with all relevant acts pertaining to the services offered through various community programs.
Key Area of Responsibilities
- Oversee all areas of the role of the Program Leaders and provide clearly understood expectations and limits for the Program Leaders; the quality of work they are expected to accomplish and the level of excellence they must achieve and maintain
- Track the actual performance of the Program Leaders and make immediate adjustments as necessary
- Achieve results with the Program Leaders by setting a good example, being a positive influence and a dynamic role model
- Support the Program Leaders in maintaining a climate that attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff team of top-quality people and assisting with point of care staff performance
- Receive and act upon incident reports and/or client complaints and assist in investigations if necessary
- Work closely with the Senior Director to implement the policies, procedures and practices of Links2Care
- Make certain that Links2Care programs and services are being provided as per funder policies and guidelines and in a manner that complies with human rights and labour standards
- Have foresight into, work proactively and act upon potential risks with respect to administrative and operational deficiencies
- Provide crisis intervention for programs in portfolio
- Be an active and valued member of the Leadership Team and participate in meetings, strategic planning and annual workplans
- Dealing with any Program Leader and/or client concerns and intervening as necessary
- Guiding clients and Program Leaders through the problem solving and complaints process
- Informing the Senior Director of all situations, issues or risks which fall outside of scope of responsibility
- Accurately complete reports, correspondence, memos, documentation, records and forms as required
- Ensuring communications flow freely with staff, clients, funders and senior management
- Facilitating regular Program Leader meetings
- Participate, as appropriate, in community meetings and other service organizations to enhance the reputation and public understanding of Links2Care and its aims and objectives
- Represent the interests of Links2Care and resolve conflict around issues with respect to program and organizational development
- Establish sound working and cooperative relationships with community partners
Health and Safety
- Making sure that Program Leaders are working and running their programs in a manner, and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Identifying unsafe acts and conditions and correcting immediately
- Train Program leaders in safe work practices and job safety rules and procedures as well as enforcement of those rules
- Implement emergency plans and ensure that Program Leaders and staff have been properly trained in the areas of Health and Safety
- Perform other duties as assigned by Interim CEO
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Post-Secondary Education, (Diploma or Degree) in areas such as: Not for Profit Management, Community Programs, People with Disabilities, Early Childhood Education, Geriatrics.
- A minimum 2-5 years relevant management experience working with children, seniors, families and vulnerable populations
- Proven track record in working in a professional and confidential manner
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and manage and prioritize work
- Open and positive demeanor and excellent communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office. Experience working with scheduling software and databases within the service landscape and funding environment
- Sound knowledge of community resources and programs available to seniors, families and persons with disabilities
- Ability to develop relationships within the ‘circle of care’with community partners, and funders
- Strong organizational, administrative, documentation skills with the ability to create accurate and detailed client records
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex environments
- Flexibility to work at different locations in the Oakville, Acton, and Georgetown areas
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment is required.
Interested applicants should forward their resume including a cover letter:
Via Email: [email protected]
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 112.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Job Type: Full-time