In-Home Services Leader – Client Services (Contract up to October 31, 2020)
A Program Leader of In-Home Services is responsible for the coordination and delivery of our In-home Services programs for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities throughout Halton and Mississauga. The Program Leader is responsible for overseeing client experience, establishing clients for service through assessments, and follow up with clients as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent agency documentation/information.
- Coordinates service delivery ensuring program activities operate efficiently within the policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines of Links2Care, the mandate of the MOHLTC, the LHIN and CARF accreditation standards.
- Screens new community referrals and conducts assessments of new clients to determine client goals and service eligibility, making appropriate referrals to other Links2Care programs and/or community support services as needed.
- Coordinates services for clients, continually monitoring and adjusting service to address clients’ changing goals.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates Links2Care values.
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates professional, caring and compassionate delivery of service.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Possesses analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Attentive to details and accurate with numbers.
- Demonstrates accountability.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office. Experience with Alayacare is an asset.
- Maintains professional knowledge and competence.
- Post-secondary education in gerontology (preferably), social sciences or other relevant education.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in the delivery of seniors or community programming.
- Working knowledge of community resources and programs available to seniors in Peel and Halton. Knowledge of the programs and services provided by Links2Care is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) mandate, CARF accreditation standards as well as seniors programming, funding sources and implications of program decisions.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills coupled with strong computer skills in MS office.
- Ability to quickly assess and respond appropriately to situations.
- Working knowledge of the Inter-RAI Cha client assessment tool and Alayacare is an asset.
- Ability to quickly assess the needs of seniors and refer to appropriate programs internally and externally.
- Ability to safeguard and maintain a high level of confidentiality of client information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to employment and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- Access to a vehicle and proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle.
Interested applicants should forward their resume including a cover letter:
Via Email: [email protected]
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 112.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Job Type: Full-time Temporary (Contract until October 2020)