Connection in Action Project – Older Isolation Action Table
Links2Care is looking to fill the full-time, contract position of Connection Specialist, with benefits and travel reimbursement included. This position is based out of our Oakville location and the term of employment is for a period of approximately 5 months.
The Connection Specialist role is part of the Connection in Action Project, an initiative of the Halton Older Adult Isolation Action Table. The Connection Specialist assists older adults with navigating systems and accessing supports. They are fully versed on available community programs/services and connects isolated older adults to the supports that are the most beneficial and appropriate for their individual situation. The Connection Specialist works as part of a team with other key staff tied to the overall work of the project and table and is a key support to a working group committee around referrals and connections. The Connection Specialist networks and develops relations within community providers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent agency and client documentation/information.
- Record, monitor and analyze program statistical data.
- Develop comprehensive reports where required.
- Community Outreach to work in collaboration with community partners to identify and support isolated older adults in the Halton Region.
- Assess emerging circumstances identified by the client that puts at risk their safety and well-being.
- Provides care management while promoting skills of the client to navigate needed systems to address their care needs that include but are not limited to providing information and resources about programs and services available throughout Halton.
- Chairs a working group of action table members and community partners around referrals and connections.
- Works collaboratively with Connection in Action key staff to move project forward and reach deliverables and outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in related field (Geriatrics, Community Development, Social Work) or other related field combined with a minimum of 5 – 10 years relevant experience working with seniors.
- Experience with program development and evaluation.
- Outstanding verbal community skills and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess with good judgment and instinct in understanding and supporting vulnerable populations and the needs of clients.
- Thorough understanding and awareness of issues impacting seniors including isolation, homelessness, poverty, abuse and mental health.
- Sound knowledge of community resources and programs available.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Outstanding documentation skills with the ability to create accurate and detailed client case notes.
- Tact, discretion, honesty and ability to develop positive relationships.
- Ability to safeguard and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries and work within a defined scope of service
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to employment and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required.
- Valid driver’s license as well as a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle.
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, social and recreational programs.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]