PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
Summary of Position
Personal Support Worker (PSWs) provide activities for daily living, bathing, personal care, and light housekeeping for seniors and persons with disabilities in their homes, maintaining and enhancing their comfort, safety and physical well-being. PSWs may also provide these services as part of respite relief for caregivers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Home care to seniors and persons with disabilities who live in the community.
- Provides/prompts personal care for clients which may include, but is not limited to, assistance with standing, moving from one location to another, dressing, bathing, sponge bathing, showering, skin care, oral care, denture cleaning, hair care, shaving with electric razors, toileting, application of ointments or creams based on client’s plan of care.
- Provides medication assistance as per the written guidelines of Links2Care.
- May perform general household duties for the client.
- Effectively communicates with clients to understand the client’s preferences and degree of participation in completing personal care and other activities of daily living.
- Actively participates on the care team, observing any changes/concerns in the client’s status and reporting any concerns regarding the health or safety of clients to their Program Leader.
- Maintaining and enhancing our clients’ independence, providing safety and comfort and promoting physical well-being.
- Accurately maintains client care plans documenting client support activities as per the written
- guidelines of Links2Care.
- Conducts safety checks of clients and advises supervisor of potential client problems.
- Provides emotional and physical support to clients.
- Follows guidelines and procedures for dealing with incidents.
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment in accordance with Links2Care’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- May attend in-service learning, training and development opportunities as required
- Personal Support Worker certificate from a recognized college
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required
- First Aid certification considered an asset.
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Hours of work is to work within a flexible framework.
Job Type: Part-time
Service Area: Mississauga (South Central & North West), Etobicoke, Oakville (East/West), Milton,
Georgetown and Acton
Hours: 20-30 hours per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.35 per hour (plus $3/hr wage enhancement) and paid mileage
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, social and recreational programs.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]