Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) – EarlyON Program
Casual Part-time Position.
Working in Halton Hills, the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) has accountability for the program delivery of the Links2Care EarlyON program.
The RECE is responsible for planning and implementing a nurturing, interactive, developmental program for young children together with their families or caregivers in a group setting at the Links2Care EarlyON Child and Family Centres, in keeping with the “How Does Learning Happen Framework”, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Child and Family Services Act and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Links2Care Children’s programs.
As an employee of Links2Care, the RECE will actively demonstrate Links2Care values and will promote and support the mission and vision of the Agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assume daily responsibility for programs and services offered at the assigned sites
- Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children and their parents or caregivers in accordance with the program philosophy
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, reinforcing, observing, questioning, demonstrating for the promotion and enhancement of healthy development in language and literacy, creative arts, dramatic play, cognitive play, block play, emotional awareness, music appreciation, science and nature, fine motor, gross motor, sensory activities, and problem-solving skills
- Assume responsibility for facility set-up, take down, maintenance and cleaning, in compliance with the location’s rental agreement and Links2Care’s expectations
- Act as a role model for parents and caregivers, demonstrating positive ways of interacting and playing with children, as well as dealing with child behaviors
- Provide non-judgmental support to parents and caregivers and makes referrals to other Halton services where appropriate
- Provide a physically safe and emotionally supportive environment showing sensitivity to the individual needs of children in all aspects of their development
- Facilitate an understanding of a variety of cultures and value systems while also offering experiences and play materials that actively promote anti-racist and nonsexist integration and attitudes
- Observe and assess children’s progress and behavior to ensure programs meet identified individual and group needs and provides documentation as appropriate
- Collect and maintain accurate client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance with the Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation
- Provide information and resources of programs and support services available to clients throughout the Halton Region
- Able to provide basic CPR/First Aid if required
- Participate in the broader Links2Care team by attending and actively participating in team/staff meetings and training and development sessions
- Actively promote Links2Care programs and services by participating in community events and outreach, fundraising and marketing activities as required
- Perform other duties as assigned that support Links2Care
Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Must be a Registered ECE and maintain registered membership with the College of ECE along with professional knowledge and competencies
- Demonstrate the values of Links2Care
- Interact and relate to children to support asset-building
- Knowledge and understanding of “How Does Learning Happen Framework”
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships
- Demonstrate professional, caring, and compassionate delivery of service
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team
- Possess analytical and solid problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate accountability and takes responsibility
- Demonstrate computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience with safe food handling skills and practices
- Safe Food Handling certificate is an asset
- Maintains professional knowledge and competence as a Registered ECE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and families in a group setting
- Valid Standard Level “C” CPR/First Aid Certification
- Demonstrated knowledge in understanding the developmental needs of children
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in effectively communicating with parents/guardians
- Genuine interest in providing professional customer service and compassionate care to clients
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team, interacting in a positive way with staff, clients, stakeholders, and the public
- Completion of a satisfactory C.A.S. check, criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required prior to employment
- Ability to work varied shifts and locations
- Scheduled hours are based on availability and program needs
- A commitment to working scheduled hours during the school year is expected
- Physically fit with the ability to occasionally lift and move items up to 50lbs
- Employees who travel for work related purposes must have reliable transportation, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and promotion.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Job Types: Casual Part-time
COVID-19 Health & Safety procedures in place, PPE for all employees, social distancing protocols in effect.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter and availability to [email protected]