Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) – School-Age Program, Georgetown
Links2Care is a non-profit, community service organization providing a better quality of life through care, support and connection to seniors & adults with disabilities, children & families, and people of all ages in need in Halton, Mississauga, and South Etobicoke.
We are proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23), as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
We have a culture of caring because it is what we do! We empower people – our employees, our clients, and our stakeholders – by supporting them to live their best possible life.
For more information about our wide variety of programs and services, please peruse our website.
Working out of Georgetown, the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) reports to the Before and After School Program Leader and has accountability for the program delivery of the Links2Care Before and After School Program.
The RECE is responsible for planning and implementing a fun and age appropriate Before and After School program for children 4-10 years of age in a group setting (classroom or gymnasium) in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Links2Care Children’s programs. As an employee of Links2Care, the RECE will actively demonstrate Links2Care values and will promote and support the mission and vision of the Agency.
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent in September 2020
Service Area: Georgetown, ON
Hours: Approximately two hours before school starts and three hours after school ends
Salary: $22.91 /hour
Closing Date: On-going
Role and Responsibilities
- Plans a varied program using a variety of teaching techniques that respond to diverse and individual needs.
- Follows and adheres to licensing requirements of the program.
- Evaluates program activities, monitors effectiveness and reports outcomes to the Supervisor and the Director.
- Accurately collects and maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance to the Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, the Childcare and Early Years Act and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
- Accurately completes program documentation including program plans, attendance records, schedules, health and safety and other program administration, as required.
- Maintains a safe and healthy program and working environment.
- Provides direction and guidance to Educator’s Assistant program staff.
- Provides basic First Aid as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support Links2Care School-Age programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an ECE Degree/Diploma or equivalent and must maintain registered membership with the College of ECE along with professional knowledge and competence.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and families in a group setting.
- Valid Standard Level “C” CPR/First Aid Certification. Safe Food Handling an asset.
- An understanding of the needs of children, parents/guardians.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Genuine interest in providing professional customer service and compassionate care to clients served.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team, interacting in a positive way with staff, clients, stakeholders and the general public.
- Completion of a satisfactory C.A.S. check, criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required prior to employment.
- Ability to work varied shifts. Scheduled hours are based on availability and program needs. A commitment to working scheduled hours during the school year is expected.
- Physically fit with the ability to occasionally lift and move items up to 50lbs.
- Employees who travel for work related purposes must have reliable transportation, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage.