Volunteer and Friendly Visiting Coordinator
Closing Date: July 29, 2022
Links2Care provides a better quality of life through caring support for people in Halton and Mississauga.
We focus on supporting independence at home for seniors and adults with disabilities with our care at home programs; fostering early learning and development for children and their families with our care for children and family programs; and connecting people in need to the necessities of life with our care in the community programs.
Summary of Position
We are looking for a dynamic energetic individual to coordinate the Volunteer program as well as the Friendly Visiting Program for seniors in the community of Halton. The Volunteer and Friendly Visiting Coordinator will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community. This is a great fit for someone who is passionate and hard-working individual with an interest in non-profit, volunteer engagement and fundraising. This position, working at our Care Connections of Halton, Georgetown site, and is a full-time permanent position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, place, and support volunteers for programs, fundraising events and services across Links2Care
- Provide orientation and training to volunteers
- Provide guidance to volunteers in planning and implementing their tasks
- Complete referral phone calls for client intake
- Meet with prospective clients and match with suitable volunteers for the Friendly Visiting program
- Support client needs and make referrals as appropriate
- Ensure that all Volunteer and Friendly Visiting related program data and records are maintained
- Enter and maintain client data into the Alayacare database
- Engage with community partners and promote Friendly Visiting and Volunteer program
- Organize and implement volunteer recognition events
- Assist with fundraising projects as required
- Assist with all other associated administrative tasks as required
- Partner with and support fundraising committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit Social and/or Health Care Sector is an asset
- Certificate in Volunteer Management is an asset
- Demonstrated track record of success managing multiple projects, providing excellence in customer service, building community through marketing, outreach, or communications, and working with donors/volunteers and fundraising.
- Diploma or degree in health, gerontology or social services or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related experience, including experience in the delivery of Seniors Programming in the not-for-profit sector
- Solid computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge and experience of databases and software
- Previous knowledge and experience with AlayaCare are an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess client needs and volunteer capabilities to support effective and timely matching of volunteer resources with client needs and refer to appropriate programs
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently
- Takes initiative to implement program improvements
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening hours when required
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and promotion.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]