Volunteer and Friendly Visiting Coordinator – Georgetown
Links2Care is a non-profit, community service organization providing a better quality of life through care, support and connection for seniors and adults with disabilities, children and families, and people of all ages in need in Halton, Mississauga, and South Etobicoke.
We are proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23), as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
We have a culture of caring because it is what we do! We empower people – our employees, our clients, and our stakeholders – by supporting them to live their best possible life.
For more information about our wide variety of programs and services, please peruse our website.
We are looking for a dynamic energetic individual to coordinate the Volunteer Program as well as the Friendly Visiting Program for seniors in the community of Halton. The Volunteer and Friendly Visiting Coordinator will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community. This is a great fit for someone who is a passionate and hard-working individual with an interest in non-profit, volunteer engagement, and fundraising. This is a full-time permanent position working out of our Care Connections of Halton Hills, Georgetown site. This position will actively demonstrate Links2Care values and will promote and support the Mission, Vision and Strategic Directions of the Organization and contribute to Links2Care as a great place to work.
Job Type: Full Time Position – 8:30am to 4:00pm
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing Date: September 30, 2023
Role and Responsibilities
- Recruit, place, and support volunteers for programs, fundraising events and services across Links2Care
- Provide orientation and training to volunteers
- Provide guidance to volunteers in planning and implementing their tasks
- Complete referral phone calls for client intake
- Meet with prospective clients and match with suitable volunteers for the Friendly Visiting program
- Support client needs and make referrals as appropriate
- Ensure that all volunteer and Friendly Visiting related program data and records are maintained
- Enter and maintain client data into the AlayaCare database
- Engage with community partners and promote the Volunteer, Friendly Visiting and other Links2Care programs
- Organize and implement volunteer recognition events
- Assist with fundraising projects as required
- Assist with all other associated administrative tasks as required
- Partner with and support fundraising committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit Social and/or Health Care Sector is an asset
- Certificate in Volunteer Management is an asset
- Demonstrated track record of success managing multiple projects, providing excellence in customer service, building community through marketing, outreach, or communications, and working with donors/volunteers and fundraising.
- Diploma or degree in health, gerontology or social services or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related experience, including experience in the delivery of Seniors Programming in the not-for-profit sector
- Solid computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge and experience of databases and software
- Previous knowledge and experience with AlayaCare is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess client needs and volunteer capabilities to support effective and timely matching of volunteer resources with client needs and refer to appropriate programs
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently
- Takes initiative to implement program improvements
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening hours when required
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to and throughout employment as requested by Links2Care is required
- Employees who drive on behalf of Links2Care for work related purposes must possess and provide proof of a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance on their vehicle
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrates commitment to Links2Care vision, mission and values.