VOLUNTEER Member, Board of Directors – Halton Hills, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington
Our Vision: “A better quality of life through care, support and connection”
Links2Care is a non-profit community service organization that provides multi-service support to seniors, adults with disabilities, children, families and people of all ages in need in Mississauga, South Etobicoke, and the Halton Region. We proudly serve approximately 9000 individuals with a dedicated team of over 350 staff members and volunteers to provide community care where it matters most. These service programs operate within a $7M per annum budget.
We have a culture of caring because it is what we do! We empower people – our volunteers, our clients, and our stakeholders – by supporting them to live their best possible life.
For more information about our wide variety of programs and services, please peruse our website.
VOLUNTEER Position Overview
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our Board of Directors. Board members share a keen interest in the well-being and successful performance of the Links2Care social service programs. To ensure diversity and representation, the successful candidates should reside in one of the communities served by Links2Care. If helping others and giving back to the community by serving on our volunteer Board resonates with you, then we would like to hear from you!
As a volunteer of Links2Care, the volunteer will actively demonstrate Links2Care values and will promote and support the mission and vision of the agency.
Time Commitment: 9 x 2-hour evening meetings per year (usually 4th Wednesday of month) as well as membership on at least one Board committee
Location: Hybrid, online and in-person usually at our Oakville office
To Apply: Email your resume and a letter of interest to [email protected]
Closing Date: December 1, 2023
Skills and Qualifications
Background/experience/expertise in one of the following areas:
- Board experience
- Experience in social services and/or public advocacy
- Health policy or health care professions
- Previous not-for-profit and/or board experience is an asset
- Fundraising, government relations and collaborative and integrated service delivery initiatives
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated leadership skills in their area of expertise
- Ability to operate with integrity and professionalism.
- Possessing the following Core Competencies: Reliability, Critical Thinking, Risk Management, Effective Communication Skills, Strategic Planning and Detail Oriented.
Duties and Expectations of Links2Care Board Members
- Commitment to a 3-year term.
- Understand and support the principles of fiduciary responsibility of Board of Directors.
- Participate in setting and monitoring L2C’s strategic directions and policies.
- Attend all Board meetings (hybrid of in-person and online for 9 x 2 hours meetings per year in the evenings, usually on the fourth Wednesday of the month except in July, August and December); commit to membership on at least 1 Board committee; prepare well for meetings and discussions.
If this leadership role interests you, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a letter of interest and your resume for consideration to: [email protected] by December 1, 2023. Kindly note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.