Our Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy
Links2Care is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients, donors, employees, volunteers, students and other individuals about whom we collect personal information.
We strive to embrace best practices and follow the principles of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) model code for the protection of personal information.
Our Privacy Principles
1. We are accountable for your personal information.
We are accountable for all personal information in our possession.
All staff members who are granted access to records understand the need to keep your information protected and confidential. They know they are to use this information only for the purposes intended. This expectation is clearly communicated.
We take precautions to ensure confidentiality of your information. The data you provide to us is used to;
- obtain a baseline of health and social information
- assist in providing suitable services
- analyze statistical and demographic information
- assure quality control and risk analysis
- act as required by regulatory agencies
- promote awareness of education and fundraising programs
- collect related monies
- identify suitable placement for volunteers
We keep your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence.
2. We collect, use and disclose personal information only for certain purposes that we identify to you.
We collect, use or disclose personal information only to:
- process and receipt your donation
- respond to any of your information requests
- recognize you publicly for your donation of time or monies with your consent
3. We will obtain your consent.
We collect, use or disclose your personal information with your permission.
Your permission may be expressed in writing or be implied, and you may give it to us verbally or electronically.
You may also withdraw your implied consent at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer.
4. We keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
We maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate and up to date. If you believe any of the information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to change it or delete it. We will make the necessary changes.
5. We do not sell your personal information.
Any personal information you provide to us is done so voluntarily.
We do not rent, sell or trade any personal information for mailing list purposes.
We do not sell or disclose to third parties any personal information, unless;
- you authorize us to share the information,
- sharing the information is necessary to process a donation, for example to process a credit card transaction, or
- we are required to by law.
6. We will limit how long we keep information.
We will keep your personal information only as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was obtained, or as required by law.
When we destroy personal information, we will use safeguards to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to that information during the process.
7. We safeguard your personal information.
Links2Care will protect your personal information by safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of that information.
Access to your personal information is restricted to those who need it to do their job.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We have developed security procedures to safeguard and protect personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, copying and unauthorized use or modification. We will maintain appropriate safeguards and security procedures that reflect the type of documents, including electronic or paper records, and will limit access on a “need to know” basis. We use technological measures such as the use of passwords and encryptions.
Online donors are linked to an industry standard secure payment service for credit card transactions when available.
8. We will be open about our privacy practices.
Links2Care will make readily available to you specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
You have the right to access your personal information. You may ask whether we hold any personal information about you, to see that information and ensure that it is accurate, as provided by law.
9. You also have the right to know:
- how we collected your personal information and
- how we are using it.
10. You may register a complaint
You may register a privacy-related complaint by contacting:
Links2Care Privacy Officer
Narinder Nijjar, Director, Human Resources and Volunteers
2030 Bristol Circle, Suite 202, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H2
905-844-0252 – 1-866-844-0252 – email@example.com
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W1A8
416-326-3333 – 1-800-387-0073 – http://www.ipc.on.ca
We will explain our procedure and inform you about other complaint procedures available. We will investigate all complaints. If an objection is justified, we will take all appropriate steps to repair the situation, including changing our policies and practices if necessary. Personal information relating to volunteers, job applicants and employees are subject to similar protocols.