How we Help
Our professional, caring Home Support Workers provide light housekeeping and/or laundry to enable seniors and adults with disabilities to continue living independently in their own homes.
- 18 years of age or older
- Living alone or with a spouse who also requires support
- Difficulty completing household tasks.
- No informal supports.
- Difficulty with mobility, risk of falls, and/or uses a walker or wheelchair.
Home Help services are based on a bi-weekly, 2-hour visit and include:
Light home update – general tidy of immediate living space.
- Washing floors and/or vacuuming carpets in high traffic areas (no stairs)
- Damp cleaning of kitchen, counters, stovetop, and/or microwave
- Cleaning of the inside of the refrigerator and disposing of expired food
- Cleaning shower, tub and toilet
- Cleaning mirrors within reach
- Dusting within reach
- Light meal preparation and washing of dishes used for this meal
- Grocery shopping (essentials)
- Garbage and/or recycling removal (15 lbs. maximum) and bringing bins to and from curb
There is a fee for Home Help determined on an individual basis according to income level. Please contact us for details.