CRA’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)
Links2Care is a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) host agency for the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program which arranges for CRA trained volunteers to complete income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals for free.
Are you eligible for help?
If you live in Halton Hills: You may be eligible to have your tax return completed with us if you have a modest income and a simple tax situation (see the following examples).
If you live outside Halton Hills: Go online to the CVITP site to find a tax clinic near you at CRA CVITP Find a Clinic Near You
Your total family income (based on number of people) should be less than the amount shown in the chart.
Family Size Total Family Income
1 person $35,000
2 persons $45,000
3 persons $47,500
4 persons $50,000
5 persons $52,500
More than 5 $52,500 plus $2,500 for each extra person
Simple Tax Situation
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
• benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
• registered retirement savings plans (RRSP’s)
• support payments
• scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
• interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not simple if you
• are self-employed or have employment expenses
• have business or rental income and expenses
• have capital gains or losses
• filed for bankruptcy
• are completing a tax return for a deceased person
Before coming to Links2Care, remember to bring
• All your tax slips (T4, T4A, T4A(P), T4A(OAS), T4E, T4RSP, T4RIF, T5, T5007, etc.)
• All your receipts (rent, property tax, medical, charitable, child care, RRSP, etc.)
• Your completed CVITP Client Forms