We’re Open – In Person, Online and at our New Site!
We’re excited to announce that we are now open in person! Click here for our September Schedule
But we still have resources and activities on our Facebook page and videos and activity kits for pick up.
AND we have even more programs at our New Acton Community Hub at MSB – 69 Acton Blvd. (pool entrance).
Feel free to call about our other supports including phone assurance, food, toiletries and basic needs, and assistance accessing various local and government supports.
for children 0 to 6 years of age.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres are places where parents and caregivers can:
- Take part with their children in a range of programs and activities
- Get answers to questions
- Get information about programs and services that are available for young children
- Talk to early years professionals, as well as other parents and caregivers in the community
EarlyON Child and Family Centres locations
Acton EarlyON Centre
85 Wallace Street, Acton, ON L7J 2G1
Georgetown EarlyON Centre
8 James Street, Georgetown, ON L7G 2H3
Child with their Parent/Caregiver Programs
Check out these interactive programs that you participate in with your child. Parents and/or caregivers are welcome. (Offered at varying times and locations throughout the year)
- Adult or Family and Child Together – 0-6 years – Separate schedules for Adults (Parents & Caregivers) or Families to drop-in to engage with other children and families in play and explore in an environment that sparks children’s curiosity and follows their interests.
- Craft Time with Julie Craft Kit and Video – 1-6 years – Staff will guide your child through a craft idea with items from around the house. Imagination is the key. It is the process, not the product that counts.
- Field Worker Activity Kit and Video – 3 to 6 years – Have your child enjoy a new activity each week exploring what different community helpers do.
- Let’s Learn Together – This drop-in school readiness program is for children entering JK/SK in September. Children and parents can engage together to practice school routines, develop and enhance their problem solving skills and learn through songs and early learning activities.
- Let’s Learn Together Activity Kit and Video – 3-6 years -This video promotes school skills to those who are learning at home. Language, numeracy, fine & gross motor, and cognitive development are the main focus.
- Little Goslings – 9-24 months – Children and their caring adult will enjoy active songs and rhymes with instruments, props, music & movement, parachute, bubbles and other interactive activities.
- Math and Literacy Activity Kit and Video – 2.5 to 6 years – Enjoy simple math & literacy activities with your child at home. Kits will include all materials required to join in.
- Mother Goose – 0-not yet fully mobile – Drop-in program which uses song, music, rhymes and interactions between baby and parent to have fun, soothe, nurture and promote trust in a relaxing, stress-free manner.
- Music and Movement on Zoom – 0 to 20 months – Join the EO staff for a 30 mins online Zoom session full of songs, rhymes and active movements to get you going in the morning! **Registration is required
- Outdoor Adventure – 0-6 years – Fun games and activities in our play yard to interact with and meet others in the community. Each participating family will be provided with their own materials and activities such as painting, science experiments, bean bag toss, water play, sand play, scavenger hunts and more! **Registration is required
- Outdoor Classroom – 0-6 years – Great opportunities for gross motor development await children outside. We encourage our families to use the Outdoor Classroom as an opportunity for children to enrich their learning experience. *Open all year round during all drop ins.
- Playtime in the Park (July and August) – EarlyON staff will be at local parks throughout the summer to promote Physical Literacy to families in their community and to raise awareness of the programs and services offered at the EarlyON Centres in North Halton.
- Sensory and Science Activity Kit and Video – 2.5 to 6 years – Enjoy simple sensory activities and science experiments with your little ones at home. Great activities for the curious kid in all of us!
- Strollers and Songs – 0-18 months – Join our EO staff for a few songs before having a nice leisurely stroller walk around the neighbourhood. An opportunity to meet other parents in the community and maybe learn some new songs along the way. And if you have questions about your child’s development or other topics, staff are available to provide answers, support and resources. **Registration is required
- Tasty Tuesdays Video – 2.5 to 6 years – Looking for some new snack ideas? Join us in the kitchen where we will share healthy, fun snack ideas that you and your children can make together! Each week, we will make 2 recipes that are quick, easy and super tasty!
- Time 4 Tots and Wee One Wednesday – 0-36 months – Drop-in to provide an opportunity for young children to explore, play and learn together by being competent, capable of complex thinking and curious.
Please join in our group discussions for parents and caregivers. It is an opportunity to meet, talk and build on knowledge and skills. The schedule includes:
- Baby and Me – 0-not yet fully mobile – Come, sit with your little one and other new parents and talk among yourselves to discuss concerns, ideas, recipes or anything else. Resources, coffee and tea available in this comfortable learning environment.
- Breastfeeding Meetup – 0-36 months – Have breastfeeding questions? Meet other breastfeeding moms who have those same questions while getting support from a RN, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant.
- Dads Connect – 0-6 years – An opportunity for Dads to connect with their children and hang out with other Dads in a safe and interactive environment. Grandpas & uncles welcomed. *Registration is required, dinner included
- Caregivers Connect – 0-6 years – As a home childcare provider, you may be asking yourself…How can I make a difference for children? For Families? How can I continue to grow and feel inspired about my work? What resources are able to support my work? This program is for those caregivers and their children to explore the centre and collaborate with other home childcare providers. Lunch is provided.*registration is required
- CHAT with ROCK – 0-6 years – Do you have questions about your child’s behaviour, social or emotional development? Would you like to connect with ROCK for a behaviour consultation or therapy services? Please join us during drop in playtime and “Chat” with a ROCK Consultant. (ROCK=Reach Out Centre for Kids)
- Networking Together – 0-6 years – Enjoy workshops and discussions focusing on parenting, family, health and development while your child(ren) participate in play-based activities. *Registration is required, limited early learning and development available.
- Resource Connection for Early Learning – 0-6 years – Parents, caregivers, and educators of children 0 to 6 years, can join us for an evening of food, fun, collaboration and learning. Come share your ideas and thoughts in an open forum on topics such as: How Does Learning Happen?, behavioural concerns, loose parts and other areas that are of interest to you. Our RECE’s are here to support, and provide guidance and resources on a variety of topics. Looking forward to sharing this educational journey with everyone to enhance knowledge and love for being with children in their early years.
- Triple P Positive Parenting – suitable for children 1-6 years – Have you ever questioned if you were doing the right thing as a parent? Have you wondered how to best manage your child’s behaviour? Have you struggled with getting your child to listen? Triple-P promotes good communication and strong relationships between parents and children. Triple-P helps every parent: Create a stable, supportive, harmonious family environment and deal positively and consistently with problem behaviour. *Registration is required, limited early learning and development available.
A variety of books, videos, tapes, articles, parent/child kits and other supportive resources are available in the Georgetown and Acton Centres during program hours. Connect with EarlyON staff to assist in finding information on child development, parenting, family life, community resources and much more.